Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Let The Planning Commence!

As a born and bred Cape Town (Hout Bay) girl who now finds herself settled in the land of Red, White and Blue, it was only natural for me to have my wedding in Cape Town. Yes, this does in a sense mean a destination wedding and it also means dragging a large portion of the guest list across the globe to have them celebrate with me.

This thought excites and terrifies me at the same time; but Cape Town is a city so close to my heart and is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in the world and so I am thrilled to have the opportunity to share it with my new friends and family.

When it comes to planning a Cape Town wedding you really have two options for your back-drop. Wine lands or Sea Side. Once you have made this decision the planning may commence…

I opted for sea side. I have always been a beach girl and would not want to venture too far away from my mountain on my special day. Having decided this I now had to find the perfect venue.

For a town with so much natural beauty you would be surprised at how difficult it was to find that special venue. There are so many to choose from but being a wedding planner by trade I was probably a little pickier than the rest. Ugly chairs and blue carpets being my pet peeve.

Luckily for me I have my Super Team in Cape Town consisting of my mother and sister who did plenty leg work for me, visiting multiple sea side venues from Noordhoek to Blouberg, getting photographs and details so that when my fiancé and I took a trip home over Christmas we could hit the hot spots and choose from a much narrowed down list.

I am happy to say that I have found my venue (not giving away the surprise just yet) and I am so happy about it (gorgeous chairs and no carpet!). I know that it will showcase the best of what Cape Town has to offer and will blow the socks off my American guests.

Stay tuned for more updates on just exactly what goes into planning a destination wedding on the sunny shores of the Mother City.

0 comments:

Post a Comment